TMI – Week Two Done & Appt.

So this morning was  my two week appointment with the OB.  Dr.  Cummings is nice, and he’s very nice and doesn’t drag stuff out.  I like that.

So, the appointment went  pretty quick (ignoring the time waiting around in the room), he asked how things were going and checked me out, and agrees that things are progressing.  I’m still refusing the medication to flush it, and am feeling just fine.  (Crap, just remembered that I was supposed to go give blood again.  I’ll do that tomorrow.)

As for the TMI stuff, here’s what’s been going on in the last week.

Last Sunday, I had the first really bad pain.  We had driven up to Snoqualmie pass to go evening snow tubing, which despite the pain, was really fun.  The pain only lasted a handful of minutes, but really knocked me for a loop.  We had just gotten there and were in line to get a quick coffee as we had time before the next round of tubing started.  All of a sudden, my lower back, my lower stomach, my hips, everything had a solid dull pain.  It knocked the breath out of me with how quick it happened and I was forced to sit down otherwise I wasn’t sure whether or not I was going to get too dizzy.  It also made me temporarily nauseous.  After that, I was happy to go back outside, as the many layers was just adding to the discomfort with feeling entirely too overheated.

That was the start of the pains that I felt necessary to pay attention to.  Not too much had been happening to that point as far as bleeding, but that pain did make me more aware of how things were feeling.  Now…it’s Thursday.  Monday and Tuesday were alright, some pain and I felt very exhausted.  Yesterday was the worst.  It seems that most of the pain that had been building wouldn’t really make itself known until the evening.  It ran well into the night last night.  So much so that I had a hell of a time falling asleep.  Ended up having to get up and get some advil, and a hot towel.  Eventually I passed out, I don’t know just how well the advil worked, or if I was just that exhausted. 

There was a lot more blood yesterday, and when I woke up this morning.  I tried to see how much I could get out of me before heading to the doctor.  I wasn’t sure if he was going to want to do any physical checks.  And yeah…he did.  I figure they see all sorts of stuff, but it still made me chuckle and shake my head and make a joke when he asked.

I wasn’t sure exactly what to be looking for necessarily up until today, and it seems that something is coming out with the blood, it tends to come out like a long snot-drop when you’ve been crying and not wiping your face.  So it seems that that by itself is part of what should be coming out, but it’s still not the gestational sac.  We found that out when he was doing a check.  He did a manual check first, with the speculum, and saw that my cervix was closed.  So, I’m still waiting for that to open up to pass the sac.  He mentioned it because if it had been open, he could have gone in with a tool and manually grabbed the sac right then and there to make the worst of it easier. 

Considering the amount of blood I’ve had in the past 24-36 hours, he’s pretty confident that the rest will pass within a day or so.  Hopefully he’s right.  This pain, while it’s tolerable to a point, it’s mostly just making me angry when it gets really bad.  I sometimes have the urge to punch something.  I’m seriously thinking of taking the rx size ibuprofen before heading to bed to hopefully be able to get some decent sleep tonight.  Today is the first day so far I’ve had noticable pain in the morning, and it basically hasn’t really gone away at all since I got up.  Hopefully will be able to update everyone soon on the “big event”, and from there move on to other things.


Published by


Wife, student, new first time mother. Crafter and creator. Animal enthusiast. I had a miscarriage in March 2011. But we tried again. March, 2012 was the birth of my first child. Off and on I have been dabbling with small business, trying to get it off the ground since, every so often changing direction.

One thought on “TMI – Week Two Done & Appt.”

  1. The pain and the blood is what started it all for me. I think the runny’nose stuff that you maybe having are blood clots. Not exactly sure, but that is what i had (sry TMI). It was disturbing cause I kept thinking it was the start, but turned out it wasn’t even close. I would just take it easy, good use of the hot towel! And have some pain med close. For me, they gave me actually pain killers I was in soo much pain! But then again, I am worse than a child when it comes to pain! If you need me, feel free to message me on FB!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s