The First Days – Day Fourteen

March 26th

I decided to go to bed a bit earlier than James and Zoe last night, to try to catch a few extra winks after feeding her.  She wanted to snack when they came to bed an hour later.  We’re still going to bed pretty late, usually around midnight.  Once she snacked after a full feeding, she slept pretty well and didn’t need supplement until the morning.  Fed her shortly before 5am, but she was falling asleep again, so after trying both breasts, I gave her a bit of supplement to top her off.  Managed to get back to sleep around 6am, and slept until between 9:30am-10am.  Much needed.  Can’t believe I got so much.  I’ve been getting up mostly around 7:30am or earlier for Zoe’s feedings, and getting upstairs sometime after 8am.  Felt kind of weird to get up so late.

Another gorgeous day, despite the weather forecasts.  Feeling as good as we were, we decided to take Mom, Dad and Zoe into Seattle for the afternoon.  Didn’t think we’d have been able to do so, especially since I was in labor when my parents showed up.  But glad we were able to let them see more of the area past our neighborhood and town.

We took them to Pike Place Market to walk around and see the sights, all the shops, the fish tossing, all the stuff that the Market is famous for.  And of course, had to stop and get some Uli’s Sausage.  Now that is what good sausage really is.  Definitely changed my mom’s opinion on sausage, and convinced her to maybe go to the butcher near her job to get some good sausage, rather than the pre-packaged stuff that is just so stuffed full of pig-fat.

Then we drove around to see the other things in the city, like the Space Needle, the Museums, and some of the key places we’ve found since we’ve been here.  Pioneer Square, Uwajimaya Market, China Town, the stadiums.

When we got back to the house, we made a very late dinner with things that James picked up from some of the shops in Pike Place Market.  Garlic Parsley pasta from Pappardelles, black truffle from one of the veggie stands, some heirloom tomatoes.  Broke open one of the white wines from Maryhill Vineyards in Southern Washington, where we went on a wine tour shortly before her conception.

Glad we had such a good last day before Mom & Dad had to leave to go back to CT. Having them here was awesome, and also a blessing, for all the help and support they gave us.


Published by


Wife, student, new first time mother. Crafter and creator. Animal enthusiast. I had a miscarriage in March 2011. But we tried again. March, 2012 was the birth of my first child. Off and on I have been dabbling with small business, trying to get it off the ground since, every so often changing direction.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s