Week With Nana! 5/5-5/12/12

It was great to have James’ mother here for a week earlier this month!  Nana, as she’s called by the grandkids.  It was incredibly good to be able to spend time with her again so soon, seeing as we don’t usually get to see her but once a year at the holidays, unless something else comes up, especially for James.  She came out at the end of summer last year for James’ sister’s wedding, when we found out that I was pregnant again, and she was here for our first ultrasound with Zoe.  So, overall that was a wonderful time for everyone, so much good news and good times!

This was also a great thing for James, having her come out to see us this month, since he was unable to travel with me during the holidays to see our families like we usually do.  It was good for them to spend time together, especially over our new addition to the family.  🙂

The week started with picking Nana up at the airport, then spending some time in Seattle while we were out there.  It was a good day, and since Zoe seemed to be doing pretty well, we had a lot of fun wandering around Pike Place Market before heading home.  Of course we brought home a bunch of things to use to make food back home.  And of course a couple of sweets as well.  Had some fantastic coffee, too.  So good, I wish the place was on this side, I’d go all the time.

A busy weekend, and Zoe seeming to be feeling great, we drove out to see Mt. St. Helens.  Unfortunately, the road all the way up was closed down for the season…and ironically opened back up the following weekend after she left.  The week was awesome, and we let Zoe have a day home every other day aside from the first weekend.  She was getting a bit overwhelmed with going out so much.  Got Mom to eat some Indian food, and she liked it!

She came with us to Zoe’s 2 month doctor’s appointment, she got her check up, and her first set of immunizations!  A little trooper we had.  She cried for a couple of minutes, but fell right asleep for a while after that.  She slept for quite a while so we went for a drive and checked out some of the sites, and went to this really great pizza place.  While we were there, Zoe woke up and had a bit of a meltdown, a delayed reaction to the shots.  We got her all swaddled and in a sling carrier so I could nurse her to calm her down.  Then we went walking around and James carried her in the sling so she could nap.

Zoe was pretty sluggish from the shots for the most part, and a wee bit cranky, but otherwise she did very well.


Published by


Wife, student, new first time mother. Crafter and creator. Animal enthusiast. I had a miscarriage in March 2011. But we tried again. March, 2012 was the birth of my first child. Off and on I have been dabbling with small business, trying to get it off the ground since, every so often changing direction.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s