Some of the current behind the scenes goings on, via photography on Instagram.
The last month or so has certainly been interesting.
A few weeks ago, Hurricane Joaquin battered the Bahamas, and sent a rather troubling amount of rain to quite a bit of the east coast. Thankfully we have not had too much of an issue because of it, but different areas in our state have been hit quite hard. We’ve also had a few things to get repaired at our rental a couple towns over, but nothing too extreme, thankfully.
We’ve made new friends, had some good times out and about with new friends and old friends.
The weather has certainly taken a turn for the better in so many ways. We’ve had quite a bit of clear skies since the storm passed. It occasionally slips back up into the 80’s, but at least it’s not humid to go with it. We’ve had dips down into the 60’s during the day and 40’s over night, which has also been quite nice. We’ve turned the A/C off and had the windows open for a couple weeks now.
We’ve also been planning a couple of outdoor cooking shindigs, which I am certainly looking forward to.
I’m still battling the occasional fall back into the fog that comes from my depression and moving off of my anti-depressants. But overall things are getting better, slowly.
I have had a few good days this week, though. Quite productive in comparison to my foggy days. But, even my foggy days aren’t my worst days, which I am thankful for. I’ve been able to get 10 new things listed in my shop, some of which were waiting to be photographed and listed, the others were made in the last few days.
I’ve done a bit more work in organizing my yarn and completed projects, cleaned up my work space a bit and cleared out the growing mound of works-in-progress and random balls of yarn from my usual place in the living room. It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly a big improvement!
Due to the rains, we’ve had a bit of an issue in the back yard with some ant colonies making their way up to the surface. We’re hoping that subsides soon. James has also replaced one of the plum trees that didn’t take from the last owner of this house, and two peach trees, they’re now planted in the back yard.
We’ve changed up some of our plans for the vegetables and herbs. Some of which are still potted, we’ve placed them in the edging by the fence where our “garden” is. The start of which was made by the previous owners. They really did an amazing job, but with some of the spaces there are, we’ve planted strawberries, among other things, and they’re doing well. I will probably transplant a couple things as they start to outgrow their pots, but so far the ones we’ve got potted are doing great as they are, so are placed in the spaces in their pots. They’re rooting down through the bottom of the pot.
Now to eventually address the patio situation. Not sure when we’re going to do it, but I think we’ve settled on using composite material “wood” for a larger, wider entertaining space out back.
Here’s a few pictures of the things I’ve done lately!